UA-13006250-5

Photo
- - - - -

Our Morning Walk With The Huskies At Haldon Forest. Guess What Happened Next?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tekisyen Husky

Tekisyen Husky

Forum Owner

• Forum Administration
  • 860 posts
  • First Name:Paul
  • Country Flag:
  • No. Of Huskies:Three

Current mood: Psychedelic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

On Friday morning we decided to take the Huskies for a walk at Haldon Forrest.
Now from here it is approximately 1 hours drive away and once you get there, lets just say it is exactly what it is in the title - One large forest that spans for miles and miles and miles!

The Huskies love it, no need for us to take them on rigs when we get here because they just enjoy walking in the forest on their 50ft leads for hours and hours. Which is what we did for about 5 hours in total.

We were on our way back to the car and bear in mind that there are no toilets in sight just forest and gorse. Ivan decided that nature needed to take its course.
So I took the Huskies back to the car, tethered them in, gave them water and fed them, I sat in the drivers seat waiting for Ivan's return.

Whilst I'm sat there eight police cars went rushing past. I thought nothing of it as it's quite a long and deserted road.

This is where I will let Ivan take over and tell the rest of the story...

#2 Steve

Steve

Senior Moderator

• Forum Administration
  • 891 posts
  • First Name:Steve
  • Country Flag:
  • No. Of Huskies:Two

Current mood: Yee Haw

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm looking forward to this, lol

#3 Eskimo Ice

Eskimo Ice

Forum Owner

• Forum Administration
  • 512 posts
  • First Name:Ivan
  • Country Flag:

Current mood: Happy

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

Well as Paul has told you the story so far, I better finish it with what happened next...

I walked deep within the forest, surrounded by tall Pine trees, I found a remote part in the forest that I felt comfortable that no one would be able to see me.
Mother Nature then took its course as I sat there squatting down.
Armed with Wet Wipes, something we always take with us, should we need them for the Huskies when out on walks, I precoded to clean up!

At this point, I hear a Helicopter overhead that has decided to get very close above me and is now completely above my head, as I'm still in squat position cleaning up.
I glanced above me, through the long tall Pine trees, and what did I see?

The first thing I saw was the large numbers & letters on the underside of the Helicopter, then as it swung round to the side of me, I saw the words POLICE em-blazed down the side.

Now, nature has to take its course with me & I thought to myself, Police or no Police, I am not finishing up here quickly & getting out of the forest just to satisfy them.
So I continued, just as I would as if I was at home!
One thing you cannot do is rush me away from what comes naturally!
I remained squatted there until I knew I was finished & clean.
As I'm doing so, I then thought to myself, I'm doing nothing wrong. I'm in a forest in the middle of nowhere, nobody in sight for miles, except for the wild Deer that I can see in the distance through the Pine trees. Yet, I've been spotted by a Police Helicopter & it looks like it is not going to leave me alone until I leave the forest.
Well they can bloody wait!
I even thought to myself whilst it was hovering above, I can't get arrested for what I'm doing, it's nature! I had no option & I'm even using Bio-degradable Wet Wipes!!

OK, about 7 or 8 minutes have elapsed now, nature has taken its course & everything is clean!
I start to walk out of the forest, making sure I cover everything over with Pine needles.
Has the Police Helicopter left me alone, NO, it's still hovering above.

The walk out of the forest now feels like a long time, I can see the car in the distance through the Pine trees, but it is going to take me another 3 or 4 minutes to reach the clearing where I came though & another 2 or 3 minutes to walk back along the track-way to reach the car.
All this time the Police Helicopter is still right above my head, watching my every move!
I then reach the clearing & start to head along the track-way to the car, as I move into an open spaced area, I looked up at the Police Helicopter where I could visibly see the 2 officers in it looking straight down at me, probably with there heat seeking camera aimed at me to get a good look at who I was!
As they saw me more clearly, you could see a certain look on their faces & I then thought to myself...
Oh well! Not my fault you caught me in the act of Mother Nature.
Not my fault that I was in the forest at the wrong time when you had an incident going on & you were out looking for someone!

The Police Helicopter then started to back away to the side of me & started to fly away over the forest.
Within a few minutes the noise was faint & it was now hovering in another place.

I reached the car & opened the door & Paul said to me, "Trust you to have a Police Helicopter trailing you on Haldon Hill Forest" Oh well, I said & had a chuckle to myself :)

We stayed for another hour or so, but never got to find out what was going on.

All I can think is this, I bet I was being called all-sorts from the Police Helicopter & I can imagine what was being said about me across the Police radios :o

Just my luck to be in the right place at the wrong time :)

#4 Steve

Steve

Senior Moderator

• Forum Administration
  • 891 posts
  • First Name:Steve
  • Country Flag:

Current mood: Yee Haw

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sounds like quite an adventure.
I could have been worse, they could have darted you, lol.
~Steve

#5 Chris_Heilong

Chris_Heilong

VIP Member

• VIP Members
  • 110 posts
  • First Name:Chris
  • Country Flag:
  • No. Of Huskies:One

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Just thinking of the saying "does a bear **** in the woods..." they where probably looking for a fugitive and you fit the bill, when they relised their mistake they rushed off.

#6 Nikita

Nikita

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts
  • Country Flag:

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Giggling my head off here, Ivan it could only happen to you bud. Just think all of that could end up on police camera action ! :)

#7 LoganCooke

LoganCooke

Raw Feeding Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 411 posts
  • First Name:Dan
  • Country Flag:

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

lol Hilarious! Like Steve said imagine if they had darted you mid push haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic